3/2/09

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
1904-1991

Okay, so before you think I am a total freak,
I have to tell you WHY I love Dr. Seuss so much.

1. My Grandma and Great-Grandma always read me his books. His books remind me of them, as well as my happy childhood.

2. On my graduation day, my mom gave me the book, "Oh, the places you'll go!" I still have it and read it to my own daughters.

3. When I was pregnant with Hailey, my twins, and Tayler, I read "Oh, Baby, the places you'll go!" to them in Utero (while pregnant.) They say that babies can hear their mothers voice, and that is proven that while reading this book (or any rhyming book for that matter) the baby's heartrate goes up, they move like crazy, and are comforted. So, being the first time mother that I was (with Hailey) I fell for it and bought the book. Ok, let me tell you that it really does work! At first I laughed outloud when I was alone reading these silly rhymes...but all the sudden Hailey went NUTS kicking, flipping, turning all around in my tummy. I really bonded with all my babies during "story time in utero!" :) I don't have too many memories with my twins...so thank you Dr. Seuss, because of your amazing talents, all my babies and I created memories because of you!

4. To this day, my girls LOVE reading Dr. Seuss books. I can pass on my happy childhood memories with them, and create new ones with my children and (one day) with my grandchildren.

My favorite Dr. Seuss quotes:

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go." -Dr. Seuss
-------------------------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.
I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss
------------------------------------------
"Sometimes the questions are complicated
and the answers are simple."
-Dr. Seuss
-----------------------------------------
"Don't cry because it's over.
Smile because it happened."
-Dr. Seuss
-------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment